Mrs Angela Hall is the Chair of Governors.
The school’s Governing Body is made up of parents, local people and Local Authority representatives who are responsible for ensuring the school is run in a safe and efficient manner and that children receive their educational entitlement. Governors are a voluntary body and assist the Head Teacher and leadership team in monitoring and evaluating the school in all aspects of its work. For example the committees will ensure that:
• Financial and legal procedures are adhered to
• Policies are up to date and compliant
• Challenging targets are set for achievement
• Set challenging targets for the Head Teacher
• Health and safety and safeguarding requirements are fulfilled
• Governor visits are conducted to monitor and evaluate the leadership of the curriculum or other chosen area e.g. Special Educational Needs
• Liaison between the Head Teacher the School Support Advisor is utilised to ensure the school is constantly moving forward and progressing.
Governors are available for informal discussions and information giving at our school events. They can be identified by their orange visitor lanyards. Please look out for them.
Governors are responsible for the strategic operation of the school. If a parent/carer would like to make a general enquiry or communicate with governors outside of the 'Complaints Policy' remit (see link below) they can be contacted via the 'contact' facility on this web page or by emailing email@example.com .
Parents/carers should not approach a governor directly to make a complaint and any complaint about the Head Teacher must be sent directly to the Chair of Governors - see Complaint Policy for details.
Complaints Policy- See below link:
- SANDRA HOGARTH (Non teaching staff governor)
- SAMANTHA ENDACOTT (Teaching staff Governor)
- Adrian Dougherty (Co-opted Governor)
- Emma Fagan (LA Governor) pdf
- Amy Douglas Parent Governor
- Angela Hall (Co-Opted Governor)
- David Anderson (Co-opted Governor)
- Carol Redhead Biography.pdf
- Martin Swaffield Biography.pdf
- Sarah Hornby.pdf